Welcome students and young professionals! This Congress includes special events designed to welcome and help you make the most of your experience. With 120 technical sessions to choose from, you will find many that pique your interests.
**The following events, even if included in your registration package, are ticketed events. In order to receive your ticket, please RSVP by checking the event box when either registering online or filling out a registration form.
sunday, february 14
meet the leaders
Students and young professionals are invited to attend this “Meet the
Leaders” event: an opportunity to participate in a discussion with leaders
of both the geotechnical and structural engineering professions. Leaders
will share their experiences throughout their careers, provide invaluable career insights, and join roundtable discussions on specific topics of interest to students and young professionals.
student and young professionals reception
WELCOME RECEPTION in EXHIBIT HALL
Come to the Exhibit Hall to learn about the latest products from the Exhibitors and meet up with previous and new colleagues.
monday, february 15
geo-structures student challenge
This year the Geo-Institute and Structural Engineering Institute of ASCE
have teamed up to provide a broad range of challenging competitions for
undergraduate and graduate civil engineering students. The competitions
in the Student Challenge are designed to engage structural and geotechnical students in interdisciplinary problem solving and teamwork. These include:
- Wall –Challenges student teams to construct a model mechanically stabilized earth wall and cantilevered load frame supported on piles. Teams will compete to create the lightest systems capable of carrying the design loads. Please download the rules and deadlines.
- Prediction – Challenges students to predict the results of a large scale field soil-structure interaction field test. Please download the rules and deadlines.
- Video – Challenges students to prepare short informational videos around the theme of soil/structure interaction. Learn more and submit your team video by November 22
graduate student career fair networking event
Full-time graduate students graduating Fall 2015 – Spring 2016:
Apply for this exclusive opportunity to network with prominent organizations in geotechnical and structural engineering.
Up to 80 students who apply will be selected to participate in this event and receive complimentary student registration to participate at the Geotechnical & Structural Engineering Congress.
Students indicate in application their choice of Option 1: Complimentary registration Only, OR Option 2: Pay $215 registration out-of-pocket by December 17 Early Bird Registration deadline and receive a $250 travel stipend.
Students selected to participate in this event will be notified in early December, and must register for the Congress by December 17, 2015.
Participating Organizations (updated weekly):
- Advanced Construction Techniques Inc.
- Bechtel Corporation
- Braun Intertec Corporation
- DBM Contractors, Inc.
- Degenkolb Engineers
- DiGioia, Gray & Associates LLC
- Engineering Consulting Services (ECS)
- Gannett Fleming
- GeoEngineers, Inc.
- Geopier Foundation Company
- Geosyntec Consultants
- Golder Associates, Inc.
- GRL Engineers, Inc
- Haley & Aldrich
- Hart Crowser
- Hayward Baker, Inc.
- Kleinfelder, Inc.
- Menard USA
- Michael Baker International
- Nicholson Construction Company
- PB Americas, Inc.
- Sanborn, Head and Associates, Inc.
- Schnabel Engineering
- Schnabel Foundation Company
- Schuff Steel
- Shannon & Wilson, Inc.
- Simpson Gumpertz & Heger